Monday 17 October 2011

Managing a creative environment.

One extremely innovative and inspirational workplace is the ‘Pixar’ studios, where the designers are allowed to design their own workplace. From working in their own personal ‘sheds’, which are surrounded by fairy lights and sofas, to a more organic studio space with a wall of windows, fake grass and cycling from one place to another. The sheds allow you to have your own personal space, without being just surrounded by dull concrete walls and the fairy lights, make the space very inviting and calming and so allows you to feel at ease and therefore maximising your ability to be creative. The ‘organic’ studio is very open, clean and fresh, which can gives you a clear and healthy mindset in which stimulates and inspires innovation.

Pixar Workplace














I feel that I can relate to the ‘Pixar’ workplace, as my own working environment is quite simplistic. As I need all my work to be ordered and clearly laid out, and open space is very important, as being in a cluttered area can be very distracting and sometimes stressful.
 I either work on the floor, where I can the spread all of my work clearly around me, which allows me to visually link ideas together. It gives you a perspective of all your work together and therefore giving you a broader vision to expand on certain ideas and to make sure all of your ideas do not divert off the subject. I also work at a desk, which creates a far more organised and focused feel, which allows you to really concentrate on what you are intending to propose.


 
Having seen other designer’s workplaces, I feel that I could improve my own workspace to create a more influential and creative environment, for example utilising the wall space for research or imagery in which could help motivate my own work.



No comments:

Post a Comment